This stained glass window is believed to have come from a church in Quebec, and may have originally had roots in Dublin, Ireland. The window was an existing feature of a house purchased by the owner in 1978. Decorative Panel with Irish Emblem close up
The historic window is a double lancet/Gothic top stained glass window with single tracery. The three panels are set into a substantial wooden frame of either pine or maple. The panels are a combination of opalescent and cathedral glass with two symbols, which are painted and stained.
The first of the two symbols is the Cross of Lorraine, a French symbol associated with the office of Archbishop. The second symbol, a harp, has it’s origins in the Catholic Church in Ireland.
The window, including frame, stands a total of 90” high and 36” wide. It is estimated to be circa 1900. The artist and studio are unknown.
The window is in overall good condition, though there are a few minor glass breaks in the panels.