Location: Toronto, ON
The Russian Orthodox community purchased the current site of Holy Trinity from the Jewish community in the 1960s. The synagogue had opened in 1922 in the heart of the Jewish immigrant community of the Kensington Market area. The architecture was reminiscent of the typical Polish European style designs found in Budapest and other prominent European cities at the time.
EGD Glass has worked at the Russian Orthodox Cathedral since 2012 when a major restoration of the exterior was carried out. We have been contracted since then to restore the stained glass windows. We have worked on an elevation each year to restore the large triple lancets with roundel traceries.
A full restoration was carried out in our Toronto studio. The windows were reinstalled and the existing exterior glazing was kept and ventilated.